Guduchi, a herbaceous vine scientifically known as Tinospora cordifolia, has been a crucial home remedy in the Indian medicine system since ancient times. It hails from the Menispermaceae family and has a few other popular names, such as Giloy, Amrita, or Indian bitter. It has been used in Ayurveda to treat various health issues, but there is no clinical evidence for its efficacy as a treatment. During the pandemic in India, uses of Giloy ascended like anything. One of the key Guduchi benefits is that it aids in supporting the immune system, hence making it quite popular during COVID-19. I take it during every monsoon season when chances of getting the cough and cold stress me out and seeing the benefits of Guduchi; I take my precautions promptly. In this article, we will read about the Guduchi benefits with an infographic as well.
Incredible Benefits Of Guduchi
Guduchi is an herb with several therapeutic usages, both leaves, and stems of Guduchi have distinct nutritional values. Guduchi/Giloy is a rich source of protein and micronutrients, such as iron, calcium, zinc, copper, phosphorus, and manganese. It is a boosting herb for our immune system that can potentially reduce allergic rhinitis symptoms. It is most often used to treat infectious diseases and to boost immunity. Let’s go through some other benefits of Giloy.
- It promotes digestion and is effective against amoebic infection of the digestive system. It supports and stimulates digestion while balancing intestinal flora.
- The anti-inflammatory property of Guduchi makes it helpful in reducing respiratory problems such as colds and coughs, asthma, and tonsil infection.
- Promote overall health and strengthen the immune system and metabolism.
- It contains therapeutic properties such as anti-diabetic, anti-spasmodic, anti-arthritic, and anti-allergic.
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels in the normal range, especially during fasting levels.
- Helps alleviate joint pain and numerous other symptoms associated with arthritis. It removes the accumulated toxins from the joints and strengthens joint tissue.
- Help relieve skin irritation and promote healthy skin due to its cooling and pitta-balancing properties.
- Speeds up the wound-healing process with anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Guduchi supports our liver health and strengthens the liver to retain its natural ability to eliminate toxins and regenerate liver tissue.
- Increases energy and appetite and rejuvenates and nourishes the mind and body. Enhances the functioning of white blood cells and improves the body’s defense mechanism against infections.
How to Use Guduchi?
To get the maximum Guduchi benefits, you must know how to use it.
- Stem powder of Guduchi, when mixed with ginger, helps reduce joint pain.
- The consumption of powdered Guduchi combined with amla or jaggery is an effective cure for constipation.
- Boiling Guduchi powder in water, cool it, and then apply it to the eyelids; this helps to improve vision.
- Guduchi can also be used as a paste and applied directly to chronic skin irritations, such as eczema.
- For detoxification, you can use Guduchi combining it with Shatavari or Ashwagandha, or aloe vera juice as a healthy drink or tonic.
The wide-ranging health benefits of Guduchi make it a powerful multi-tasker herb when used rightly. Its capacity to rejuvenate and strengthen the tissues, to manage fever and other respiratory problems makes it truly a savior in the home remedies section. Here comes the end of this article, do share your views with us.
Also Read: Those who are experts about herbs and their uses know how to use herbs as a home remedy or taste enhancer. Learning about which herb can treat your toothache or cold, or headache really helps you with unnecessary rounds at your doctor’s clinic.
Disclaimer: This article provides information to share knowledge about Guduchi benefits. Always seek the advice of your Ayurvedic physician or your general physician, or other qualified health providers with any questions regarding a medical condition before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs. We all have different genetics, each body is different, every disease is different, and your doctor knows you the best! They will be the best person to prescribe the correct form and dosage for your health condition.