Besides a mother, a father is among one of the most beloved persons for his kids. However, the increasing responsibilities make it difficult for fathers to have some quality time with their families or children. But, being your father’s child, you too can plan some fun activities with dad to have his attention. It will make him feel loved and valued; also, it will lessen his burden of guilt for not giving you proper time.
Why is it Important to Spend Time with Dad?
Researchers have proved that it is crucial to spend time with your parents. Moreover, spending time, particularly with your dad, carries the following benefits:
- It helps to develop a spiritual relationship with your dad as well.
- Spending time with your dad will make him feel that you care for him.
- It is emotionally satisfying for both you and your father.
- Studies show that the kids who spend time with their dad tend to be psychologically strong and healthy.
- While interacting with dad, you can acquire benefit from his life experience. This is something books cannot teach you.
- This sort of family interaction highlights the problems that the family or one of the members is facing. As a result of this, plausible solutions come out.
- It helps you have a strong bond with your dad.
What Kind of Fun Activities Can you Plan with Your Dad?
You can plan both indoor as well as outdoor fun activities with your dad. To add on, you can take the help of your father, or you may simply surprise him.
1. Outdoor Fun Activities with Dad
During the pandemic, most of the outdoor fun-places are closed. However, there are certain activities that you can still carry on. Based on the availability of time during the quarantine situation, you can have the following outdoor activities with your father.
2. Visit a Historical Place
You must have learned about the antique stuff present in the museum of your city. Also, you know about the fort located in the suburbs. But, this is all you got from the books. You deserve to see those places in person. So, go to such sites with your dad. You will harvest the following benefits:
- You will able to gather a lot of knowledge and information.
- Viewing the past will spell-bound you and make you stress-free.
- It will connect you to other cultures.
Of course, you can take this trip once the lockdown is over.
3. Go Fishing
Pack the fishing tackle and grab some cooking equipment. Yes! We are going fishing. Fishing is somewhat we all have missed during this challenging time of the pandemic. The reason is, most of the places for recreational activities are closed, plus the fear of strains was so in-depth in people’s mind that to go outside was a heck of a job.
But as of now, we are going easy due to vaccines; now, you can plan fishing with your family or your father. The pros of fishing go like this:
- You can spend some quality time together.
- It will give an experience of being close to Nature.
- Fishing gives a sense of fulfilment. Hooking a fish and reeling it all the way back is really fascinating, isn’t it?
4. Go for Biking
Another activity that your dad would love is biking. Take him out with his bike all set. Moreover, you can also race and set a reward to make this activity more appealing. Cycling has the following benefits:
- It improves blood circulation.
- Cycling helps losing weight by burning calories.
- It strengthens the muscles.
- You will feel relaxed after cycling.
Indoor Fun Activities with Dad
If you are going through quarantine and confined to home, you must be feeling bored. Furthermore, staying indoor for a longer time comes with depression, laziness and frustration. But, don’t worry; we are going to burst this boredom-bubble.
However, you can carry out these activities even if not in quarantine.
1. Build a Bird-House
Ask your dad about his toolbox and help. Build a bird-house for your home garden. Then, decorate and paint that bird-house. Working with the tools and colours is really rewarding, for it relieves anxiety and stress.
2. Backyard Camping
If your dad is too busy to go out camping, you can have a camp in your backyard. For this purpose, you will have to rent a tent. Make it more enjoyable in the following ways:
- Involve the whole family in setting up the camp.
- Arrange a barbecue party.
- Plan this camping around an astronomical event.
- Hang string lights in the backyard.
- Light campfire.
- Sing and dance around the campfire.
3. Movie Night
One of the simplest and the greatest indoor activities is to arrange a movie night. Select a movie according to your dad’s choice. It would be a great idea to play it on a bigger screen. Don’t forget to bring popcorns and drinks.
4. Go for Gardening
Do you have an indoor-lawn? If not, it’s time to start one. Gardening is one of the most rewarding activities. Share the idea of creating a home-garden with your dad. He would definitely love it. You can grow different vegetables, fruits and plants. Furthermore, you can plant your dad’s favourite flower to surprise him. Gardening has the following advantages:
- It provides knowledge about various plants, fruits and vegetables.
- Planting teaches patience.
- Plants beautify the surroundings and produce a relaxing effect on the mind.
- You can also grow kitchen-vegetables. In this way, you can have fresh vegetables on the one hand and can have economic benefits on the other hand.
- Children come to know about the different animals and bugs present in the garden.
These fun activities will surely help your dad fight the stressing effects of his daily routine. So, what are you waiting for? Step ahead and plan something to make his day.