Winter is approaching, and so is the dry skin. Dry skin is usually susceptible, and the condition tends to worsen during winter. So, you need some extra care for your skin to keep it really hydrated all through the winter especially. Avoid creams and lotions which contain mineral oils and other petroleum products. Natural skincare products are best to get rid of the situation.
Here are a Few Dry Skin Care Tips
- After the shower, apply coconut oil, cocoa butter, or shea butter to all over your skin. They have essential oils which are beneficial for dry skin. It helps your skin to heal, deeply moisturize, and even protect your skin from aging.
- Minimize face wash with tap water. It may be unsuitable for your skin as it contains chlorine and other chemicals. Clean your face with alcohol-free products. This will help you to retain the moisture in your skin. It also helps to remove the impurities and daily makeup and gives clean, soft, and hydrated skin.
- Spend less time in the shower. Use the mildest soap available, and do not use it daily, use it in alternate days.
- The use of a heater in a room also creates dry and itchy skin. It is always advisable to use a humidifier in the place where you spend most of your time.
Apart from this, it is also necessary that you keep some time to care for your skin in a manner that it will look lively even in the dry winter months. Exfoliating is the best way to keep your skin beautiful and glowing all year round. It removes the old dead skin, repairs, and heals your skin.
1. Go for Homemade Body Scrub
It is a challenging job to keep good care of your skin when you do not have plenty of time. Even expenses of skincare products are yet another reason which keeps people away from getting one. The best way to keep your skin healthy, beautiful with less expense, is to prepare your own homemade body scrub. This will come at significantly less expensive, and you will also enjoy the great looking skin for the year long.
Regular use of the body scrub is not only necessary to get rid of the dead cells; it also gives your skin strength to retain more moisture during the dry weather. Exfoliating twice a week is recommended for a woman.
2. DIY Exfoliating Cleanser for Dry Skin
It is also said that the nutrients and minerals absorbing capacity is more in the case of scrubbed skin. As a result, the lotion will work better in the scrubbed skin. You can also make your DIY exfoliating cleanser; this will cost you less and give you the same feeling. There are many combinations of ingredients you can apply. One of the combinations is mix sea salt, olive oil and lemon juice together. You can also prepare a mixture of ground almonds and powdered milk. Likewise, you can prepare endless combinations.
3. Mild Exfoliation
For mild exfoliation, always use a washcloth. In case you have some rough spots, such as heels then you can use a pumice stone or stick. Remember, you should scrub your body or face in a gentle and circular motion. Soon after face wash, apply a lotion that contains alpha or beta hydroxy acids. The alpha and beta hydroxy acids help to continue the process of exfoliation and acids contents will further abrade and remove any remaining dead skin cells.
4. Don’t Forget to Moisturize
In the process of exfoliation, do not forget to moisturize your body at least once every day. Because when you exfoliate your skin regularly, the skin will become dry and will do more harm than good unless it is rehydrated liberally with lotions.
5. Must Know your Skin Type
As I said earlier that there are many combinations that you can use to exfoliate your skin, but the main thing you have to take care of is your skin type. So, choose the combination according to the skin type. For naturally oily skin or for dry skin, you should not use the same combination of ingredients. For example, if you have oily skin, coarse bath salt is highly effective. Even the plant products such as oatmeal, cornmeal, apricot pits, and grounded almonds are excellent ingredients to make a good scrub.
Making homemade beauty products is the perfect way in which both your beauty and money will retain with yourself. And it is always better to have homemade products rather than buying cheap beauty products. In case you are using all herbal products for your skincare, there is the least chance of any side effects caused by the chemicals.
Also Read: Let’s explore some essential skincare routines for women in their 40s to help them stay healthy and beautiful.