I am not a professional cook or chef, but I love to explore different cuisines and foods and cook them in my own mix-match style. Sometimes they come out so delicious that I pin them in my regular cooking routine. If you are a non-vegetarian and love sea foods, then let’s cook prawns in tangy tomato gravy.
While thinking of Italian cuisine, what first pops up in our minds are delicious pasta and yummy pizzas. The simplicity and vibrant taste of these dishes make them really popular worldwide. Risotto, Lasagna, and Ravioli are some foods from Italy we truly relish on our platter. But today, let’s go the Italian way and make some delicious prawns in tangy tomato gravy.
- 250gms prawns
- 2-3tbsp butter
- 3tsp garlic(crushed)
- Finely chopped fresh parsley or coriander
For The mix:
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 ½tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Clean and devein the prawns, leaving the tail intact and washing them well.
- Heat butter in a pan and add garlic; fry for almost a minute.
- Now add the prawns, cook on medium heat, and fry till the prawns change color.
- Add the paste of tomato puree, which was mixed with the other ingredients.
- Cook it for about 2 minutes or till done, as prawns should not be cooked for long.
- Once done, turn off the gas and garnish with chopped parsley or coriander.
- Serve it hot with Bruschetta, Crusty bread or garlic bread.
You can cook prawns in various ways and can try your own variations, such as adding mushrooms or any seafood like squid, or clams, and invent a new dish; the option is yours. One of the easiest ways to cook prawns for me is to mix pepper, lemon juice, and salt in clean prawns, keeping these marinated prawns for around 30 minutes, and then stir fry them in butter; trust me, it tastes heavenly. But today is the day for prawns in tangy tomato gravy, so try these and let me know your views in the comment box.
Also Read: Many people around the world love food, but there are still some most hated foods that they don’t want to eat. So, in this article, we dive deep into the most hated food and their health benefits.